About Queen's Park Child Care Centre
We are a licensed, not-for-profit child care, located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We first opened our doors in 1986, and were one of the first on-site, employee child care centres in Ontario. After 33 years in the Queen's Park Complex, the Queen's Park Child Care Centre has relocated to the Frost building at 7 Queen's Park Crescent East.
We offer a safe, caring and nurturing learning environment, with space for 88 children from birth to age 5.
Our bright and inviting classrooms are equipped with books, toys and activity stations to support children in discovering and growing their social, emotional, language, literacy, communication, cognitive and physical skills.
(0 - 18 months)
(18 months - 2.5 years old)
(2.5 - 5 years old)
We focus on programming that recognizes each child's individual emerging skills and unique learning path.
Executive Director: Marie Thomson, RECE
Pedagogical Leader: Kendra Weiser, RECE
Administrative Coordinator: Angeli Esmilla, RECE
- 17 Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) program staff
- 2 Early Childhood Assistants
- A full-time, in-house cook, certified in Safe Food Handling
- A multi-member volunteer Board of Directors drawn from the parent community
- Bi-weekly music and yoga instructors
- All RECE staff members are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
Healthy, seasonal and nut-safe meals prepared on-site, based on the Canada Food Guide and nutritional guidelines for young children.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- All Statutory Holidays
- Remembrance Day
- Family Day